Hello from Belgium

Take a minute to introduce yourself and let us know what brought you here.
fiwi
Assistant
Assistant
Commendations: 0

Hello from Belgium

Post by fiwi » Tue May 07, 2019 8:03 am

Good morning,
My name is Filip and I live in Belgium. I am a reserve NCO. I work partly for the Military Command for the province of East-Flanders, and partly as a WW2 guide at the Bastogne Barracks Army Base in the Ardennes. Besides this I am an IT programmer at ArcelorMittal Steel Industries.

I joined Wartimes.Ca because I have a wonderful family in Canada, merely in BC, but also in Alberta. Some cousins of mine were in the Canadian Military in WW2, they were born in "Dino" Drumheller, AB.
Friendly regards,
Filip

Temujin
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 137

Re: Hello from Belgium

Post by Temujin » Tue May 07, 2019 11:07 am

fiwi wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:03 am
Good morning,
My name is Filip and I live in Belgium. I am a reserve NCO. I work partly for the Military Command for the province of East-Flanders, and partly as a WW2 guide at the Bastogne Barracks Army Base in the Ardennes. Besides this I am an IT programmer at ArcelorMittal Steel Industries.

I joined Wartimes.Ca because I have a wonderful family in Canada, merely in BC, but also in Alberta. Some cousins of mine were in the Canadian Military in WW2, they were born in "Dino" Drumheller, AB.
Welcome Filip to the website. I have been to the Bastogne Barracks. I was once part of the Canadian Contingent (I was a bagpiper) that attended the 40th Anniversary in 1984 and marched in the parade that weekend. We actually stayed in the Barracks. ALSO, i live in BC so your family may not live far from me.

So welcome, and enjoy the website

Cheers

georgetanksherman
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 19

Post by georgetanksherman » Tue May 07, 2019 8:56 pm

Greetings and Welcome Filip to the website.

Cheers !

George

fiwi
Assistant
Assistant
Commendations: 0

Post by fiwi » Thu May 09, 2019 9:01 am

Thanks for the welcome. My family lives in Rossland and Trail; BC.
I have distant cousins born in Drumheller (Dinoland) Alberta, born in 1919 and 1920, they served in the ETO in WWII in Italy.
Friendly regards,
Filip

Phil
Founder
Founder
Commendations: 31

Post by Phil » Thu May 09, 2019 8:56 pm

Welcome to the site Filip!
These users commended the author Phil for the post:
fiwi (Wed May 15, 2019 7:51 am)
Phil

WARTIMES.ca
Please consider Donating in order to ensure the continued availability, maintenance and growth of WARTIMES.ca.