Newbie from Fort Worth, Texas

Take a minute to introduce yourself and let us know what brought you here.
georgetanksherman
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 19

Newbie from Fort Worth, Texas

Post by georgetanksherman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:56 am

Greetings from Fort Worth, Texas, 32 years in the U.S. Air Force, Crew Chief on EF,FB, F-111's and F-16's, met a lot of awesome folks along the journey, now retired, I had in the years past read about the Royal Air Force Eagle Squadrons and Claire Chennault's Flying Tigers, so now that I have time on my hands I wanted to see if there were other Americans that volunteered as a group or individually with the Commonwealth Nations thinking I might find a "Few" with other units, Bombers, Fighters and Trainers, the numbers really opened my eyes, so I started a list of those that I could find info on those Killed in Flying Accidents and Killed in Action, I have so far found over 1,255, 81 of them from my home state of Texas, while going through research I have also found Americans that were with the Commonwealth Armies, Navies and Merchant Navy (And Torpedoed Victims). which is about 1,624 Fallen Warriors.

I have to send out "Thank You" to Temujin, for the help and assistance when I ran into a brick wall with my research, there are a few more in which I have incomplete info, so with hat in hand I will be asking, a little bit at a time for some more help !

If I can be of help in any way, please let me know !

Temujin
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 137

Re: Newbie from Fort Worth, Texas

Post by Temujin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 am

Welcome George. Looking forward to your posts and helping with your research.

Cheers

Phil
Founder
Founder
Commendations: 31

Post by Phil » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Welcome to the forums George!
Phil

WARTIMES.ca
Please consider Donating in order to ensure the continued availability, maintenance and growth of WARTIMES.ca.

georgetanksherman
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 19

Post by georgetanksherman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Will try not to abuse you to much Temujin :-) LOL, and Thanks for the welcome Phil !