1st parachute battalion

Take a minute to introduce yourself and let us know what brought you here.
Interestednephew
Adjunct
Adjunct
Commendations: 0

1st parachute battalion

Post by Interestednephew » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:40 pm

Hello. I am a nephew of two parachute battalion soldiers. One saw action during D-day, Battle of the buldge and Operation Varsity. The other one didnt see action but is trying to get his service records. I have the service records of the first one that show his time from going to basic training, the dates of the battles, until he was discharged. Thank you so much to the person that posted the jump record June 5th. I am also looking for the jump record for the Varsity battle. I can find the nominal roll on the canadian gov site but not the jump record. On one of the nominal rolls it was showing my uncle to be part of HQ section but I dont know what or how you get there or what the HQ company did? He had been recommended for demolition squad but dont know if thats what he did during the war. If anyone could answer these questions, please do so.
B Company.jpg
B Compnay.
B Company.jpg (886.41 KiB) Viewed 39730 times

Back row (left to right): Privates W. A. Brewer, F. A. Dray, M. Mendzat, P. A. Smith, W. Novel, L. G. Church, L. G. S. Warnock, W. Sangster, H. W. Kivenen, L. D. Ross, A. N. Harrington, R. V. Jones, N. M. Partington, C. H. Reid, C. W. Patterson, C. Boulet and L. L. Lajoie.

Fourth row: Privates L. E. O'Leary, J. M. Sargent, A. S. Blower, M. K. Pastorius, R. M. Wilson,  J. G. Broadfoot,  B. M. Anderson, G. M. Christison, P. Gismondi, T. G. Davies, D. G. Turner, A. A. Humes, A. W. Adam, J. L. Thompson, K. R. Harvey, G. O. Fengstad, T. U. Elgaard, P. Bartko, H. N. Armstrong and R. A. Geddes

Third row: Privates R. G. Tyson, K. M. Pledger, G. C. Colbert, R. C. Sutherland, A. T. Blunt, B. H. Dunn, S. P. Shulist, C. D. Flynn, A. J. MacInnis, A. A. Schillemore, C. H. Nickerson, R. H. Luton,  J. F. Sachro, L. H. Hellerud, E. W. Page, W. C. Jenkins, J. E. Roberts, W. J. Brady, V. W. Hodge, J. R. Tedrick and E. N. Baskin.

Second row: Privates T. W. Nicholls, T. J. Martin, B. M. Isley, A. Y. Heggie, J. R. MacPherson, G. C. Connaghan, L. C. MacKenzie, H. Smith, I. D. Willsey, J. Syrnak, J. P. Stephanko, J. H. Milne, W. Pauk, H. Boyce, W. A. Kane, D. A. Currie, B. E. Crowe, D. T. Price, V. M. Symons, J. J. Melenius, D. S. Ticknor, E. Makela and J. McGarry.

Front row: Corporals W. J. Renwick, J. M. Kemp, G. A. McWilliams and C. E. Huard, Sergeants A. N. Stammers, D. N. Beaudoin, R. M. McIsaac and I. H. Trenholm, Lieutenant I. M. Rousseau, Sergeant G. L. Slipp, Captain P. Griffin, Lieutenant N. Toseland, Sergeants W. Irvine, T. H. Pasquill, R. Outhwaite and G. Capraru, Corporals A. P. Pearson, W. M. Barlow, O. M. Ellefson, P. Mero and D. E. McKittric