Private V.A. Moores, No 45/47 General Transport Company, RCASC

Discussions related to researching soldiers of the second world war.
Phil
Founder
Founder
Commendations: 20

Re: Private V.A. Moores, No 45/47 General Transport Company, RCASC

Post by Phil » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:31 pm

Temujin wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:40 pm

Just a note to you on ordering his records......be prepared to WAIT a LONG TIME......they say 6 to 9 months...BUT, I’ve been waiting almost 12 months for my own father in law’s WW2 records......I did contact LAC at 10 months....and they did confirm that my request is still being actioned, they just have so many requests (and the Federal Government cut LAC’s funding a few years ago...less staff) that it is taking longer.

Just so your aware that it will be a wait.
From my experience I've found two ways which can speed up the process. The first is to hire a researcher in Ottawa to copy the records for you (which is very affordable). The second is to make a request under the Access to Information act -- this requires them to respond to the request within 30-days. Now they have the option of responding within that 30-days with an explanation as to why it will take longer, but it seems to me that it's easier for them to just bump these Access to Information requests to the top of the queue.

More information here.
Phil

WARTIMES.ca
Please consider Donating in order to ensure the continued availability, maintenance and growth of WARTIMES.ca.