Royal Canadian Artillery, 14th Field Regiment, RCA

Discussions related to researching soldiers of the second world war.
bsbiln@hotmail.com
Adjunct
Adjunct
Commendations: 0

Re: Royal Canadian Artillary, 4th Light Anti-Aircraft, 14th Field Regt.

Post by bsbiln@hotmail.com » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Hi all,

I am not sure if this thread is still active but I am trying to do some research on my wife's grandfather who was in 14th field, landed on D-day, mentioned in despatches. If possible, could someone reach out to me at bsbiln@hotmail.com?

Thank you!

Brandon

BFBSM
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 31

Post by BFBSM » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:09 pm

Brandon,

The thread is active, and someone more knowledgeable than I will be along with information, should it be available.

Mark

Temujin
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 137

Post by Temujin » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:51 pm

bsbiln@hotmail.com wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:44 pm
Hi all,

I am not sure if this thread is still active but I am trying to do some research on my wife's grandfather who was in 14th field, landed on D-day, mentioned in despatches. If possible, could someone reach out to me at bsbiln@hotmail.com?

Thank you!

Brandon
Brandon, how can we help?

Niels Vistisen
Adjunct
Adjunct
Commendations: 0

Re: Royal Canadian Artillery, 14th Field Regiment, RCA

Post by Niels Vistisen » Mon May 16, 2022 4:34 pm

Dear all,

I hope one or some of you can assist me with information about the 4th light anti aircraft regiment and a solider named John Andreasen, who served with it from 1940 to VE-day?

I am a military historian in Denmark, and I am co-authoring a book about two danes, who served in the Canadian military during WWII. John Andreasen had lived as an emigrated to Canada farmer for some time, and the other were a sailor stranded in Canada, when Germany occupied Denmark on april 9th 1940.
We are writing the book based on extensive diary and written material the two soldiers left.
(the second one is Niels wiesneck from the Essex Scottish, and he was a supply section driver)

John Andreasen served throughout with the 4th light anti aircraft and attached to 14th field regiment. He describes this in some detail. His book/diary is about 120 pages, and filled with details. He trained in Canada and England, came across on Empress of Canada (and describes the near torpedo-miss) participated in the great maneuver in England in 1943, came across on D+1, and participated in operation Switchback and Veritable.

I was actually looking for some good photos of fighting in the Breskens pocket and Switchback, possibly on the ground use of 40mm Bofors - and I cam across this forum and this thread!

It appears you all have a tons of knowledge and ressources, including perhaps the right war diairis of the regiments?

would any of you have anything that could help and assist me?
book mentions are available, but perhaps more interesting, I could also have his original text, as well as our book translated into English (Canadian!) - it might provide some good primary source material for some of you?

I hope you will help a fellow historian!

best,

Niels Klingenberg Vistisen
Military Historian
Denmark
nkvistisen@hotmail.com

BFBSM
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 31

Post by BFBSM » Mon May 16, 2022 5:16 pm

Niels Vistisen wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:34 pm
It appears you all have a tons of knowledge and ressources, including perhaps the right war diairis of the regiments?

would any of you have anything that could help and assist me?
book mentions are available, but perhaps more interesting, I could also have his original text, as well as our book translated into English (Canadian!) - it might provide some good primary source material for some of you?
Welcome to the forum Niels.

You may find this website of interest and assistance: https://map.project44.ca/

Also have a look at https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/ ... rds.aspx#c for the war diaries.

James Bly
Assistant
Assistant
Commendations: 1

Post by James Bly » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:42 pm

Photos
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail.jpg (147.11 KiB) Viewed 8917 times
32&34.jpg
32&34.jpg (129.76 KiB) Viewed 8917 times