Help, Sgt Clyde A. Maples, R/100843

Discussions related to researching soldiers of the second world war.
georgetanksherman
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 19

Help, Sgt Clyde A. Maples, R/100843

Post by georgetanksherman » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:19 am

Greetings all, needing to see if I can get some help with info on a Sgt Clyde Alexander Maples, R/100843, RCAF, Born: June 28, 1915, Johnson County, Texas. Died: September 25, 2003, Riverside, California.

Discharged from RCAF February 22, 1942. Transferred to USAAF

What I am thinking is that he was in an SFTS to get his wings, can't find which one, as he was trying to get his wings the U.S. was brought into the war, the U.S. requested that Americans wanting to transfer for the time being stay in training and graduate, then transfer over to the U.S. Forces. As I understand it, each student that got their wings in Canada, the U.S. paid Canada for the training when they transferred.

Any help would truly be appreciated.,

George

georgetanksherman
Meritorious
Meritorious

Re: Francis N. Satterlee, RCAF

Post by georgetanksherman » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:05 am

Also, Need help on Major Francis N. Satterlee, RCAF/USAAF, Born: January 19, 1922, Minneapolis, Minnesota Died: February 13, 2008, Vienna, Virginia, in USAAF was assigned to the 463rd Transport Command, have no info on RCAF time, but everything that was written on him states he got his wings in Canada, there is also pictures of him wearing USAAF Wings and RCAF Wings on his uniform.

Any and all help would be appreciated,

George
Last edited by georgetanksherman on Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

georgetanksherman
Meritorious
Meritorious

Re: Stranraer No. 932, 13 O.T.U., RCAF

Post by georgetanksherman » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:37 pm

Looking for hometowns on these warriors, if known

Stranraer, #932, November 2, 1941

While taking off in Stranraer 932 on Patricia Bay on an instructional flight, the port engine burst into flames. Pilot stopped his take-off and had the fire extinguisher pulled. This did not have any appreciable effect on the fire. Pilot ordered his crew to abandon the aircraft. All crewmembers survived this incident, sadly the aircraft did not.

Crew:
Pilot: F/O R.L. Rizon, AFC, C/2846, RCAF, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. - Survived
Pilot: P/O A.B. Mills, J/6904, RCAF - Hometown ????? Survived
LAC A.A. Norriboe, R/50623, RCAF - Hometown ????? Survived
LAC W.J. Hunt AFM, R/59255, RCAF - Hometown ????? Survived
LAC J.A.I. Young, R/50565, RCAF - Hometown ????? Survived

Any and all help truly appreciated

George