Relative Research - Maurice Trottier

Discussions related to researching soldiers of the second world war.
Sapperschild
Patron
Patron
Commendations: 2

Re: Relative Research - Maurice Trottier

Post by Sapperschild » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:59 pm

Ok, I see the correction to the date, missed that initially. That definitely coincides with how old he would have been at the time. I have to admit that I'm amazed that you were able to source that ship's manifest through just a handwritten name. I've put out some feelers to family to determine if anyone recalls mention of him serving in Germany after the war.

I appreciate this information very much and will see what I can find with L.A.C. in the coming days. I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I have something concrete.

Again, many, many thanks!

Sapperschild
Patron
Patron

Post by Sapperschild » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:19 am

Good morning! To update, have attached a copy of discharge papers for Maurice provided by family member. We now have a service number, unit, dates of service to include in our application to LAC for abbreviated service record. Very exciting!! Will keep you posted of our progress. Thanks again!!

Have attached 2 pages here. Hoping link works. 😅
Attachments
IMG_6376.jpg
Maurice Trottier SR2
IMG_6376.jpg (151.57 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
IMG_6375.jpg
Maurice Trottier SR1
IMG_6375.jpg (162.41 KiB) Viewed 1837 times

Temujin
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 137

Post by Temujin » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:04 pm

Excellent……..BUT, I looked for his service number in the WW2 Service Numbers and there is no such number (that I can find).

MD 2 (which all service numbers start with a ‘B’) only goes up to B157000…….nothing after that…….BUT you now have everything you need to go to LAC and confirm his record.

Also, his discharge says he was a ‘Rifleman’, so this means he was in the infantry and served in a “Rifle Battalion”

I’ll see if anything pops up in my files….

Cheers

Sapperschild
Patron
Patron

Post by Sapperschild » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:39 pm

That is interesting. As you say, I now have everything to submit my request which I will do this week. Will keep you posted of any results I receive.

Thanks again!!